A curated list of awesome command-line frameworks, toolkits, guides and gizmos. Inspired by awesome-php.
- Awesome Bash
- Other Awesome Lists
Networking and Servers
Self-hosted, lightweight servers and networking tools written in shell scripts.
- balls - Bash on Balls
- bashblog - A Bash script that handles blog posting
- bashttpd - A web server written in bash
- bitpocket - DIY Dropbox" or "2-way directory (r)sync with proper deletion
- dokku - Docker powered mini-Heroku in around 100 lines of Bash
- Dropbox-Uploader - Dropbox Uploader is a BASH script which can be used to upload, download, list or delete files from Dropbox
- pushbullet-bash - Bash interface to the PushBullet API
- resty - Little command line REST client that you can use in pipelines
Custom prompts, color themes, etc.
- base16-shell - Base16 for Shells
- bash-git-prompt - An informative and fancy bash prompt for Git users
- bash-powerline - Powerline-style Bash prompt in pure Bash script
- bashstrap - A quick way to spruce up OSX terminal
- liquidprompt - A full-featured & carefully designed adaptive prompt for Bash & Zsh
- powerline-zsh - Powerline for Zsh
- pure - Pretty, minimal and fast ZSH prompt
- zsh-git-prompt - Informative git prompt for zsh
- zsh-prompt-powerline - A ZSH prompt based on the powerline font from the popular vim plugin
Package Management and Frameworks
Tools for managing multiple shell configurations.
- antigen - A plugin manager for zsh, inspired by oh-my-zsh and vundle
- bash-it - A community bash framework
- fresh - Keep your dotfiles fresh
- homeshick - git dotfile synchronizer written in bash
- oh-my-fish - Framework for managing your fish shell configuration inspired by Oh My ZSH
- oh-my-zsh - A community-driven framework for managing your zsh configuration
- prezto - The configuration framework for Zsh
- vcsh - config manager based on Git
Writing and Testing Scripts
Boilerplate-like templates and systems to jump-start whatever script you are writing.
- bashful - A collection of libraries to simplify writing bash scripts
- bats - Bash Automated Testing System
- composure - Compose, document, version and organize your shell functions
- sub - a delicious way to organize programs
Tools for handling video and audio files.
- PiCAST - PiCAST turns your $35 Raspberry Pi in to a Chromecast like Device
All work and no play is a cruddy way to spend your day.
- bash2048 - Bash implementation of 2048 game
Utilities and Tools
Other various neat gizmos to make your terminal experience more enjoyable.
- Android-Kitchen - A text-based kitchen for Android ROM customization. Uses shell scripts and works with Cygwin/OS X/Linux
- ansiweather - Weather in your terminal, with ANSI colors and Unicode symbols
- autoenv - Directory-based environments
- bash-slugify - Command that converts filenames and directories to a web friendly format
- bashmarks - Directory bookmarks for the shell
- cv - Linux tool to show progress for cp, rm, dd, ...
- fasd - Command-line productivity booster, offers quick access to files and directories
- git-sh - A customized bash environment suitable for git work
<hr />for your terminal
- hstr - BASH History Suggest Box
- jrnl - A simple command line journal application that stores your journal in a plain text file
- semver_bash - Semantic Versioning in Bash
- shellcheck - Static analysis tool for shell scripts
- spark - ▁▂▃▅▂▇ in your shell
- spot - Tiny file search utility
- wemux - Multi-User Tmux Made Easy
- z - z is the new j, yo
- zsh-notify - Desktop notifications for long running commands in zsh
- zshmarks - A port of Bashmarks (simple bookmarking plugin by Todd Werth) for oh-my-zsh
Other Awesome Lists
Other amazingly awesome lists can be found in awesome-awesome and awesome-awesomeness.
This entire repo is still under construction.